Lawn Care Forum banner

30 minute deluge of rain...

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  GrassBustersLawn 
#1 ·
I started cutting after school today, and I was about 1/2 way finished cutting my first account on my route when a wall of water fell from the sky. One minute it was blue skies, then the next the sky let loose with the most rain that I have ever seen fall in 30 minutes. The kicker is that www.weather.com said there was a 0% chance of rain in my area. Well, clearly they were wrong. All of my stuff started fine even after being totally soaked with rain. I was using my Toro Proline belt drive, and surprisingly the belts did not really slip at all even though they were really wet. It did not even clump at all. Then as fast as it blew in, it was gone. I will have to cut the rest of my accounts on today's route tommorow, because there were rivers and large puddles in all of the lawns- way too wet to cut. I dried and cleaned everything off and it is nice and dry up in the shed. Just had to vent a little after getting totally soaked.

#3 ·
Just be glad you got rain! Our lawns here are drying up and dying. We are 3 or 4 inches behind on rain. They (weather idiots) are saying it will rain MONDAY when Tropical Storm Andrea? remnants get here. HOPE THEY ARE RIGHT FOR A CHANGE!

Mike

#4 ·
Ive been dealing with bad weather reports for a week now.
Last week it was supposed to rain everyday and actually did for a few hours a couple times in the week. But this week it was forcasted to rain everyday and be in the low to mid 80's. Everyday it has been 90-95 easy. And today was the first rain I've seen this week and it rained for 30 minutes after 4pm. Go figure.

#5 ·
I dont see how you FL guys can stand the HEAT. I was down in Key Largo last weekend diving and it was 92 everyday with 80% humidity. We didn't have one 90 degree day last year. Got home from FL and we hit 90 already. YUCK, I HATE HEAT!

Mike

#6 ·
GrassBustersLawn said:
I dont see how you FL guys can stand the HEAT. I was down in Key Largo last weekend diving and it was 92 everyday with 80% humidity. We didn't have one 90 degree day last year. Got home from FL and we hit 90 already. YUCK, I HATE HEAT!

Mike
90 degrees and 90% humidity. That is a cold dry summer day.

come back when it is 98 degrees and the sun shower hits just long enough to create steam rising up from the ground when the sun comes back out. You are sweating AND condensing water vapor out of the air. Those are the fun days.

#7 ·
NO THANKS!

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.