30" toro vs 21" mower

D2 Fairway

LawnSite Member
does the knew toro 30" really save time over a commercial 21" mower? will the bag pack as tight as a honda hrc? even with the extra width the bag will fill very fast. i think this mower will only save you time if you can mulch with it.just my thoughts

orangemower

LawnSite Silver Member
Is say it definitely will save time. It's nine inches wider. That's like asking if a 61in mower will cut more the a 52in mower. Of course it will.
Posted via Mobile Device

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

LawnSite Senior Member
does the knew toro 30" really save time over a commercial 21" mower? will the bag pack as tight as a honda hrc? even with the extra width the bag will fill very fast. i think this mower will only save you time if you can mulch with it.just my thoughts
A bigger mower will save more time over a smaller mower. ;)

torotorotoro

LawnSite Senior Member
the bag is way bigger too. i saw one yesterday for first time. it is awsome. i hope they make a commercial version soon. i would pick up one from home depot but i bought a commercial 21" with kaw. last summer. cant really justify another $1000.

Jusmowin

LawnSite Senior Member
Yes I also like the looks and feel of the time master, as I only mow 10 yards now I gonna pick one up in a month or two. Seems to be a good "gate" mower and weighs alot less than my old 36 stander

OP
D

D2 Fairway

LawnSite Member
Is say it definitely will save time. It's nine inches wider. That's like asking if a 61in mower will cut more the a 52in mower. Of course it will.
Posted via Mobile Device
yes but if you have the same size bagger on the 52 an the 60, the 60 won't save you any time, i know the bag is bigger on the toro but i don't think it will pack the grass like a good commercial 21". i just don't think it will save much time. i'll have to wait for more reviews of how it bag's and mulches.

crazymike

LawnSite Senior Member
short answer yes.

long answer, yes in most cases. In certain cases you might find you are mowing homes for hobbits and they have 26" gates. In this case you need to shimmy the mower through the gates or lift it over. In this case, it will take longer.

Exact Rototilling

LawnSite Fanatic
short answer yes.

long answer, yes in most cases. In certain cases you might find you are mowing homes for hobbits and they have 26" gates. In this case you need to shimmy the mower through the gates or lift it over. In this case, it will take longer.
Well I guess the Ybravo 25 will be a hot seller for those who have.to deal with hobbit gates.
Posted via Mobile Device

ralph02813

LawnSite Bronze Member
yes but if you have the same size bagger on the 52 an the 60, the 60 won't save you any time, i know the bag is bigger on the toro but i don't think it will pack the grass like a good commercial 21". i just don't think it will save much time. i'll have to wait for more reviews of how it bag's and mulches.
Sorry, but you gotta read the post above it has a bigger bag, the comparison between the 52 and 60 is cutting, not cutting and bagging.
So that bag is bigger and it cuts down the mow time by 40% hmmmm.