30 yards of Black Dyed Mulch

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
Ive had issues here with small properties mulch not breaking down
And previously guys put down standard 2 to three on top and it was suffocating the plants:dizzy:

We see that regularly...pretty sure those doing the install were all by the yard, not priced per job. I've seen it up against the glass on windows.

We usually use pine bark here sometimes the dyed might have more wood in it then bark

Most of our commercial get hardwood. Resi's are dyed.

Buildup hasn't been an issue since we started subbing to a mulch blowing company.

I love pine bark, holds its color great.

hort101

LawnSite Fanatic
Buildup hasn't been an issue since we started subbing to a mulch blowing company.
Its funny you mention bark blowers my first post on mulch depth I was going to say they only put down 1/2 inch to an inch and no problems but manual mulch jobs seems like people want to stick to this bad rule of 3 to 4 being better:dizzy:

Mark Oomkes

LawnSite Fanatic
Its funny you mention bark blowers my first post on mulch depth I was going to say they only put down 1/2 inch to an inch and no problems but manual mulch jobs seems like people want to stick to this bad rule of 3 to 4 being better:dizzy:

One of many benefits of having mulch blown in.

The other reason we price per job, not per yard.

OP
T

TomH&H

LawnSite Senior Member
I am normally solo, but will team up with a few other guys for bigger installs. Usually it's me working for them, this time it's the other way around.

All of the mulch is double ground hardwood, no pallets or scrap lumber. It's the nicest stuff available in this area.

I always price per job on just about everything. I don't need to get involved with somebody thinking I'm taking too long on an hourly job, or using too much material on a per yard job. One price, take it or leave it.

Top Forums