Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are pushing the 200 yard mark with close to 40 push mow yards- I'm actually making more money on push mows tha 1/2 to acre accounts- I'm getting $20- $35 for a push mow yard that we do in less than ten minutes- Plus we have a couple on every street- One dropp and hit 3-4 yards-

Next year I'm going to a a 4-6 cylinder truck, weld 2' beaver tail, add 4-5 ft. ramp- and do away with a trailer- and have a push mow crew.
Right now we have 3 Toros (personal Pace)- I know Toro makes a 32" WB- but I think $2700 isd a little high priced- Any thoughts on a mower around 30"

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally posted by double e
We are pushing the 200 yard mark with close to 40 push mow yards- I'm actually making more money on push mows tha 1/2 to acre accounts- I'm getting $20- $35 for a push mow yard that we do in less than ten minutes- Plus we have a couple on every street- One dropp and hit 3-4 yards-

Next year I'm going to a a 4-6 cylinder truck, weld 2' beaver tail, add 4-5 ft. ramp- and do away with a trailer- and have a push mow crew.
Right now we have 3 Toros (personal Pace)- I know Toro makes a 32" WB- but I think $2700 isd a little high priced- Any thoughts on a mower around 30"
Quality cost - just like in your business you get paid to do a quality job. yes, the Toro maybe higher than some, but its the best

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess Im not knocking the price- but out of 40 push mows the 32" Toro would probably fit on 12 yards- probably overkill for the others.

So I'm looking for something a little cheaper- Or I'll just make the guys cut with the 21"

·
Registered
182 Posts
Are they any faster?
Stronger deck?- or what
They are the old Toro 3 speed tranny, cast deck, steel wheels (greasable), bigger bags. Yes they are a little faster. Which personal pace Toro are you running, steel or cast deck? There is a difference in those 2 trannys also. The 32" will be faster. Just in size alone its 2 strips vs. 3

·
Registered
628 Posts
I bought the 32" viking for the purpose of getting into gated yards.

I used to have a jd 21" but stopped putting that on the trailer cause it was a waste of time and space. anywhere the viking can't fit i hit up with a string trimmer.

Also I havn't ever taken off my sulky i put on it. Its a castored sulky which lets me back up....I'll admit that the narrow tires on the viking definatly do not have enought traction.. I have made a ton of ruts rushing since i was always playign catch up this season.

Being its a small machine it makes up in manuverablity and speed i think it goes 6.5mph.. I can bang out a 3/4 acre prop in say depending on conditions 20-50min.

·
Banned
4,396 Posts

$20 to $35 for less than 10 minutes. $20 is good. $35 is great. Your prices are all over the place! More power to you if you can do this and get away with it, but the market usually dictates the price, and a 75% swing to the high side seems extreme.

And at 10 minutes or less, these must be really small. The time it takes to switch tools (mower/trimmer/blower) and load/unload takes up some of that time, too. My gut and experience say that you won't consistently get $35 (or even $25) long term, over the years, for lawns that take you less than 10 minutes. You may get some for a time, but your turnover rate may be sky high because you can't fool everybody all the time. But some folks enjoy selling more than I do, so knock yourselves out. Just remember, a 30 minute drive and sales pitch to replace customers eats up $30 of your time too.

You can get a 32" toro fixed deck/12.5 kawi for more like $2500 if you shop, or a briggs for maybe $2200. Certainly better than a 21" in terms of power, though in tight spots the 21" may be quicker. But I like the versatility of the 32" since you can ride a velke behind it if you need another mower on medium properties and can't with a 21". Cheaper 32" units of other brands are closer to $2000 I believe. I'd also venture that a $300 21" push mower won't last as long and has pretty much near zil resale value(the higher priced ones are less of a value vs. a 32" (over $1000) and are for use only where conditions require their use. . Whereas a midsize wb only needs a new engine and transmission to keep going pretty much forever.

·
Registered
25 Posts
BEST 32 INCH ON THE MARKET FOR PRICE AND VALUE IS THE BRADLEY AND THEY HAVE THERE OWN WEBSITE. THE 32 10.5 BRIGGS LISTS FOR 1499.99 AND THEY HAVE A 32 15 KOHLER FOR 1649.99. IT HAS A PEERLESS TRANNY SAME AS SCAG TORRO EXMAR, 5 SPPEDS WITH REVERSE ASSIST, TWO 16"BLADES, 5 GALLON FUEL TANK, SAME DRVE PULLEY SYSTEM AS SCAG. CAN GET BAGGER OR MULCH PLATES. TRY GOING TO BRADLEYMOWER.COM THIS MOWER IS REALLY STARTING TO HIT THE MARKET. FORGOT TO MENTION THERE 48" WITH A 15 KOHLER FOR 1999.99 RETAIL GOOD LUCK .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.