1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

32" Wright Standers...Any reports back on this mower???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SouthernYankee, Jan 15, 2005.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have any experiance with the new wright 32" stander? This mower would really fit the type of jobs that I will be doing and I was wondering if anyone has experiance on this machine. THnaks

2. afftandem

afftandem LawnSite Member

How does it hold on slopes?? hills?? .... how does the other standers hold on hills?? does anyone use a 36"

3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I doubt it...Since it Just Came Out & Not Many Have Started Mowing Yet this Season !

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Wright has changed distributors here in Texas about 3 times in the last 3 years. The current one is pretty sorry, and many dealers in Texas have stopped selling Wrights. I would be concerned about local dealer service and support for parts for the long term, if you are buying in Texas.

5. ince8728

ince8728 LawnSite Member

I demoed a wright 36" and it will not hold slopes. I had a few bad experiences with it that day. It manuvers good, nice cut, good suction but not for me. I found a walker that was only used for 2 seasons so i went with that. It really comes in hands with the fall CU's.

6. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

ince8728,
    It takes longer than a day long demo to get used to the stander on a hill. When I got my first 36" a few years ago, it took me a few days to get used to it. I went sliding down more than one hill for a few days. There are some tricks to get it to stick.
    I can't comment on the 32 as I have never even seen one or would have a use for it.