1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

32" Wright Standerscrapes everything!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Coumbe, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

I like the mower when I am mowing with it. I hate it when I am trying to load it. It bottoms out on even the slightest angle. Anyone else have this problem? Any fixes??

2. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

I would try raising the nose of the trailer. This will flatten out the angle of the ramp a little. Also can you change the ramp at all? You might need a longer ramp depending on what you have now. Post a picture of your trailer connected to the truck if you can. You'll get better answers that way.
    I just got the same mower ,not quite used to it yet, but it cuts good. I need to practice a little more on my lines with it.

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I just pop a wheelie when loading my Stander.....

4. Bigdog9501

Bigdog9501 LawnSite Member

I know it is a pain but you can always raise the front with the shims. I also load at an angle which has helped some.

5. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I'm gonna buy a 34" Scorpion FX, and I wondered if I would have this problem also.

6. Green Grass

Green Grass LawnSite Member
    from MN

i welded blocks to my ramp so it does not sit on the ground it sits about 2 inches off the ground made it a lot easier to load my 52" stander

7. THRIFTY

THRIFTY LawnSite Member
    from (913)

I have a 36in Stander and don't have this problem? My 36 is a wheelie machine, I can only imagine how the 32 is! Just pop a little wheelie when your loading it!

8. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I pop a wheelie also when loading my 32"....I have also found that backing it off where I can pop another wheelie going in reverse helps getting it off. I think the blocks "Green Grass" mentioned is the way to go.

Good luck, Tony

9. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

the pitch is too steep. Raise your hitch height. Trailer will probably tow better too.

10. Coumbe

Coumbe LawnSite Senior Member

lOADING IS NOT AS MUCH OF A PROBLEM AS UN LOADING. DOING A WHEELIE OFF OF AN 16' TRAILER IS NOT EASY TO DO OR TEACH. SO I BACK OFF OF THE EDGE OF THE 4' GATE AND THEN LEAN MY WEIGHT BACK HARD ABOUT 3 TIMES AND THEN THE TIRES TOUCH. LOADING IS ALWAYS EASY. UNLOADING IS A PROBLEM BECAUSE THE DECK AND THEN THE SPINDLE BOLTS ALWAYS HIT THE GATE. I WOULD PAY AN EXTRA $500 FOR THE RAPID HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT ON THE 32". PLEASE REMEMBER THAT I LOVE THE MACHINE, AND I WILL NEVER BASH IT. UNLIKE MY 60" TANK, THAT'S A REAL POS.