34 inch Yard Machine Zero Turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by LawnCareBowling2019, Dec 29, 2018.

1. LawnCareBowling2019

LawnCareBowling2019 LawnSite Member

Do you guys think this is a gimmick? Its such a good price but has a couple new reviews that seem "fake". Id like to get a gravely compact pro, or a exmark 34 inch, but this is such a good deal, dont know if I want to shell out 3500-5000$ on the better two. What should I do?

2. Clean cut LLC

Clean cut LLC LawnSite Member

What are you using it for? Will it be your main or back up mower that you use for tight areas?

3. OP
    OP
    LawnCareBowling2019

just my main this year, i want to upgrade to a better "34, "52 and "72 over the next 5 years. Im just afraid this thing might be a fancy looking push mower to be honest. Just wish I could prove its worth the 2 grand.

4. OP
    OP
    LawnCareBowling2019

I could possibly buy the yard machine 34 this year and do good enough to purchase a 52 exmark in 2020. Then, if the 34 inch craps out in 2021 i can get a better 34 then. All i got now is a husqvarna push mower, echo weedeater, husqvarna blower, echo hedge trimmer, and a ryobi pressure washer. Then my work partner has triple the equipment, including a cub cadet lawn tractor, and a real nice pressure washer.

5. hal

hal LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Georgia

For 2 grand you could buy a really nice used walk behind commercial mower, one that will last you years, years! This has 13 gage deck, that is thin, real thin. One bump bam gone. Look on CL or your local ads and get a commercial, hydro walk behind, that would be a good investment.

Mownmachine144 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    LawnCareBowling2019

Okay there are no demonstration videos with the yard machine, no consumer reports, no reviews outside of home depot, looks like it was made with left over parts from cub cadet, troy bilt, and the rest of the mtd products. I want a zero turn though, not a walk behind or push. Used a lawn tractor 50 times, push mower 2000 times, but never used a zero turn before so I want to finally try it. Guess im going with exmark or gravely.

Mownmachine144 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    LawnCareBowling2019

Or maybe ill just go for a 42 inch John Deere. John Deere was always the zero turn rider i wanted as a little kid.

Mownmachine144 and Clean cut LLC like this.
  8. Clean cut LLC

Don’t sell your self short on your next big purchase. If you go too small it will be a waste of money. Too big and it will also be a waste. Small is good for tight areas, big good for open. The best medium between the 2 in my opinion would be in between a 48 and 54(this all depends on the property). Look at your properties and potential properties, picture mowing them with a given mower. What will you not be able to hit, what will take too long to mow because your is too small. Find your happy medium.

Mownmachine144 and hort101 like this.
  9. Clean cut LLC

I have also found it beneficial to try to stick to only a couple shops that sell and specialize in the equipment you have. The more equipment you keep the same the more things become interchangeable and also the more value your company brings to that one or two given shops.

10. Clean cut LLC

Be careful with used equipment. My stuff is ran balls to the wall and if it wasn’t well maintained it would be just a temporarily working piece of junk. If buying used, do your research, inspect it carefully, ask to demo it