36 Bradley Turf Commercial Stand on

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
There are a few threads on here that cover this. I like my 48, it's a great mower.

C.L.A.M. Inc.

LawnSite Member
We have the 52. It seems to be a nimble and quick mower. Cut seems to be good. The quality doesn’t seem to be on par with our John Deere equipment. For instance, the muffler basically just fell apart at three months. However, they got a new muffler to us in 5 days. So not bad. Good for the money. Although, not thrilled that they don’t offer a commercial engine in the 36.

OP
L

LawnCareBowling2019

LawnSite Member
So the 36 is not commercial, it says it is. How often do you do the maintenance? I've been doing mine every 20 yards, and I'm sure the Bradley wouldn't even need it after 20 yards, but someone told me its better to do it every 10 yards.

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
It has the same as mine, it is fine for commercial use.

C.L.A.M. Inc.

LawnSite Member
The mower is commercial. The Briggs and Stratton commercial turf engine they put on the 36 is not commercial grade. There is a reason it is a $500 upgrade to get the vanguard engine on the 48 and 52 instead of the commercial turf. We got the Vanguard. We change oil every 50 hours on our mowers. The manuals say to do it every 100 hours. We don’t do any residential yards, only commercial properties. So I can’t tell you how many yards that is. For $3500 the 36 Bradley stander is one heck of a deal though. Also, just get an aftermarket hour meter and put in on the Bradley when you get it. You can get cheap aftermarket hour meters on amazon or eBay.

Runleader Self Powered Engine Digital Maintenance Tachometer Hour Meter (Battery Replaceable) for Lawn Mower Generator Dirtbike Motorcycle Outboard Marine Paramotors Snowmobile and Chainsaws https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PMJH7QV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_9ewFDbWEK0VJZ

We use those

Centex Aeration

LawnSite Senior Member
I have the 36 Bradley stander and use it almost daily. I will tell you it will increase your productivity significantly compared to a 42 lawn tractor.

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Bronze Member
I’m looking at standers and I couldn’t help but notice the Bradley 36. The Briggs engine would cause me nightmares, not a very good engine, am I correct?

hal

LawnSite Fanatic
Briggs is fine, 2 years on mine, not one problem at all

Centex Aeration

LawnSite Senior Member
I’m looking at standers and I couldn’t help but notice the Bradley 36. The Briggs engine would cause me nightmares, not a very good engine, am I correct?
I would not worry too much about reliability issues with the Commercial Turf Series engines. The Bradley 36” was a great deal when I bought one. However, I am not sure about current prices.