36" exmark walk behind

Racerrick72

LawnSite Member
iv got a 36" exmark mower. im on my second Interlock module. was wondering of theres a possable way to eliminate the interlock module but still keep all my safety switches and such. thx in advance

JoeRagMan

LawnSite Senior Member
Don't know if your mower has a battery but if it does a relay or two could be wired in to do the job. Problems develop if the existing module has a time delay built into it. With battery voltage going to safety switches and then to control side of relay and coil ground wires on normally open side of relay, it should work. Good luck.

OP
R

Racerrick72

LawnSite Member
I actually forgot to put that part. No my 36 does not have a battery. But i installed the new interlock module and my guys took the machine out to use it and it wouldn't start. If I by pass the interlock then the machine will start and shut off with the key but then my safety switched dont do there job. So that's why I asked this question. I need the safety but also need the mower running as well.

JoeRagMan

LawnSite Senior Member
One of the safety switches must be bad. Or the is a wire that is chaffed and touching metal on the mower. Find the two wires that go to the module for the safety circuit, probe those wires with a multimeter on the ohm setting and start testing switches and move some wires around to see if ohm reading changes. Good luck.

OP
R

Racerrick72

LawnSite Member
Ok that's kinda what i was thinking. But wanted to be sure before wasting time. thank you so much for your assistance. ill give that a shot on Monday. Thanks again