36 in Toro Grandstand price?

Turf Dawg

LawnSite Gold Member
I just looked at 36in toro grandstand at my local dealer. The price is 7,900. That sounds really high to me, what about to you guys? Where could I get a better deal?
Around my neck of the woods they are selling around 6400 before tax.
There was a guy on craigslist in Dallas that had two 2010's with mulch kits and under 200hrs that he was asking 3500 each.

Is that the price the dealer gave you or was that the price on the tag, because Toro's have a high dollar list that nobody gives.

stephen424

LawnSite Senior Member
I just looked at 36in toro grandstand at my local dealer. The price is 7,900. That sounds really high to me, what about to you guys? Where could I get a better deal?
i saw one at Carolina Turf Equipment in Gastonia (704-824-0936) for $6938 cash price, out the door (tax included in that price).

still a steep price for a 36" mower. I'd personally just get a used 36" walk behind (exmark turf tracer or equiv.) for a third of that price.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Holy high bat man. I would look around or wait. I can get a 60 toro diesel demo for that. I can get a deere of any size any day for 6500.
Posted via Mobile Device

Turf Dawg

LawnSite Gold Member
I don't think anyone was saying you were lieing,but the price seems high. That's why o would check around
Posted via Mobile Device
I think he was just responding to the question that I asked him about if he inquired about the price or was just looking at the retail price on the tag. I am not sure why but Toro, and maybe Exmark, dealers put the overinflated retail price tag on their mowers. I guess they do that so if you ask about price they can knock off a few hundred and make you think they are giving you a deal.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Oh, I guess I didn't read the last paragraph in your post. My deere does that. 17000 for 950 mod. Or something like that. I got mine way less.
Posted via Mobile Device

ommegang

LawnSite Member
I picked a late model 2010, used with 60 hours for $3000 a couple of months ago. Changed the oil, cleaned it up and stored it. That's what I was hoping to hear though #s wise. It's very difficult to find Toro pricing online. I was getting tired of my belt drive 36" Bobcat for the several city lots that I do. Especially the pull starting. That 15.5 B&S get's old pulling after a while. And, standing is going to be nice instead of walking, especially when it's hot/humid. I was content with the Bobcat but, this was a no brainer when it came along. :cool2: