1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

36' MiniFastrak Twitchy??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Daniels, May 5, 2006.

1. Daniels

Daniels LawnSite Member

Hey I have a 36/16 mini fastrak 1year old 55 hrs and we just installed a set of arm extensions and now it seems to be very 'twitchy' not as smooth as it was before we installed the extensions we set them identically but when i was setting them the arms felt loose so I gave the set screws a twist -i figured that i had worked them loose-
    Thanks for any help.....

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

What set screws?

3. Daniels

Daniels LawnSite Member

Sorry -been in the sun all day-they aren't screws At the base of each control arm there is a bolt with a lock nut --Once it added the extensions I sat down to get the feel and the control arms felt like they had more 'play' in the than before I started so I gave the lock nut a 1/4 turn which seem to tighten up the play now the machine seems to be twitchy/jerky basically just not as smooth

4. Daniels

Daniels LawnSite Member

OK they are not set screws-On the bottom of the steering lever is a thru bolt/lock nut-that was a little loose-so I gave it a 1/4 turn...

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

OK, I understand what your talking about now.
    You will need to adjust that locknut to your liking.

Pj