1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

36" Toro WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yrdandgardenhandyman, May 12, 2005.

1. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have a chance to buy a 36" Toro WB. Belt drive, fixed deck, T-Bar. It's a hold over from 2004. This dealer brought it in last year as a test of the market. He didn't sell it so he discounted it to $1863.00. I demoed it today and it is awesome on wet grass and I thought it handled very well. My only hesitation is, why didn't it sell? He said that most of his biz is HO and their reasoning was why pay $2400.00 to walk when for $3000.00 they can ride. I have confirmed this attitude with a couple of other local dealers. None offer WBs on the floor for this reason.
    What does anybody know about this unit?

2. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

We've got 2 to of them we use on our commercial properties. Great basic machines and the price your being offered is very nice too. Good Luck :cool:

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Great mower, mine is 6 years old and still the best all around machine I have ever used. I like to call it my "bushhog". It hardly ever clumps, and discharges really far.

I will replace it with the same machine when the time comes.

That is a great price.

Derek

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a brand new Toro Proline 36" belt drive w/ 13 HP Kawi V-Twin engine, a few months ago and I love it already! It has a great quality of cut and stripe!!! I also have a Grass Gobbler catcher for it and it bags and discharges very well! For that price, it's a great deal for you! Get it and I'm sure you'll love it!

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

A $3000 riding mower would not seem to be the quality level that you are talking about with this unit. I would bet that a Scag 36" rider will cost around $5000. These units sell in our area, but people are looking for the floating decks.

6. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a small mower. Where is this mower located. If its within a days drive of me I would be glad to buy it at that price, if you don't.

7. yrdandgardenhandyman

from midwest

Well, as I said, most of his market is HO wanting commercial equipment and not wanting to pay for it. In other words if Cub Cadet makes a commercial mower then all Cub Cadets must be commercial mowers, right? They are turning away a great walk behind for a good rider and paying an extra $500.00 to $1000.00. payup

8. yrdandgardenhandyman

from midwest

Ummmmmmmmmmmm. No habla English.
    It's in............................. New Orleans. :angel:

9. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

Wellllllllllllllllllllllll. I think maybe it might be a little closer, huh?

10. yrdandgardenhandyman

from midwest

Actually it's in my shop right now. :waving:

You there Roger V?