1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

36" Vs. 48"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FinerCutslawnCare, Feb 2, 2006.

1. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys I am going to be doing some residential lawns(about 15 this year) and want to buy and exmark walkbehind with a floating deck and and I can't decide wether I should buy a 36 or 48....Please help me and tell me some reasons why i should choose either! Thanks alot!:waving:

2. raschmid07

raschmid07 LawnSite Member

I just bought a 48" '05 Metro HP. So far, although it is February, I love the mower. The deck is easy to adjust and easy to maintain. However, I only wanted to spend the money for a belt drive, so I did not upgrade to the Turf Tracer HP, although I would love one. If you have the money, definetly go with the TTHP. Back to your other question, go with a 48". Prior to this year, I mowed with a 36", and while it was alright, it was just too small. However, If you have a lot of fenced yards under 48", you might want to consider the 36". Hope that helps.

3. mowforyourmoney

mowforyourmoney LawnSite Member
    from kc

idk about io but around here the gates are too small for a 48 i bought a 36 two days ago and i REALLY like it

4. FinerCutslawnCare

FinerCutslawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

see i have like 5 houses that have fenced in back yards that only a 36 could fit through but also the others are fairly big that don't have fences so if you can see where i am going with wanting a bigger deck but also knowing that those other houses will be difficult.....thanks guys and keep it coming!!!!!!

5. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

All I know is that I dread mowing with my 22". So I got a 36. Now I'm running a 36 and 48.

6. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Wow its a 7 year old thread
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

How old are you?
    Posted via Mobile Device