• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

36 wright velke mower

clay duncan

LawnSite Senior Member
i went to buy a 36 exmark metro belt drive with velke today ($2500. plus tax) and i ended up buying something else. i bought a 36 wright velke hydro demo model with 2.1 hrs. for $3300. plus tax. i did demo mower but i dont have any walkbehind experiance as of yet and there is going to be a little learning curve it seems. anyhow, i think i made a real good deal but i do not know alot about wright equipment. my primary mower is a 20 hp walker that i am real happy with. your thoughts good or bad will be appreciated..... clay

Gabriel Turf

LawnSite Member
I have a Wright Stander and it is a great mower. I have friends that own the Sentar and swear by them. I am sure the Velke Mower will serve you well if it is anything like the other products that Wright sells.

brucec32

LawnSite Platinum Member
I usually try to find out all I can about a mower BEFORE I purchase it : )

Wright owners generally seem happy with their products. I like the steering system "push to go" on the velke mower. The price seems good. But I'm put off by fixed decks since I like to be able to accurately change deck height quickly while also maintaining optimal blade pitch. On a 36", if you mow at generally the same height all the time, it should do fine.

OP
C

clay duncan

LawnSite Senior Member
yeah bruce 32 i usually know more about what i am buying than the person selling it but in this case i stumbled across it accidently and there was also a 12 month same as cash deal that day, therefore not alot of homework time. i very seldom ever adjust deck height if i do it would be up one notch so the fixed deck does not bother me. thanks for the reply..... clay