1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

37 Hp Cub Cadet Tank

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Mar 21, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I have a friend that picked up a new 72" 37 hp. Kawasaki Cub Cadet Tank yesterday, has anybody tried this mower and what are some of your thoughts. Will it be a fuel hog, I was told it was no worse than a 27 Kohler
    on fuel but that is kinda hard to believe. Envy what do you think about this
    monster?

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like its going to be a beast on the cutting field.

3. puppypaws

It is kinda hard to say it appears no one knows anything about this mower.

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

is it a efi motor or carb?

5. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

It's a carb. I wish the new Kohlers and Kawasakis would have a high horsepower EFI engine. Maybe next year.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I bet it will be a great motor. We have the smaller Generac on our 72" TANK, it does good with low lift blades but sucks with high's.

7. superclyde007

superclyde007 LawnSite Member
    from IN

I have driven the 72" Tank w/37 hp Kaw. It is a beast. Wide open throttle at max. speed and engage the PTO and there was no noticeable rpm drop.
    I would say the engine will be thirsty. I think it has 2 small intake valves and one large exhaust valve and a few other tricks according to what the dealer told me.

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I think they are ugly... LOL... :jester:

I haven't seen them in person or seen any 'real' pictures of the new style yet though.

I bet the 37hp is a BEAST.
    I could use that this week with the scalping cleanups.
    (scalping 4"+ of warm season down to 1.5" and throwing all clippings one direction)

That's the worst I've wanted more power in a long-long time... LOL...

9. puppypaws

I made friends with one of the engineers at Kohler, I told him I wanted a 36 efi and he said they may have one ready by 2008. I would say it should have better
    fuel economy and more power because of no throttle lag than the 37 Kawasaki.

10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Does anyone have a link to the Kawasaki web site that has this motor and specs? I guess I'm out of the loop. I had heard of the new Kohlers but the 37 kaw came as a surprise to me.