383 motor

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 77mesa4x4, Jul 28, 2000.

  1. 77mesa4x4

    77mesa4x4 Guest
    Messages: 0

    Does anyone know what all is needed to convert my 350 to 383, other than a sb400 crank.
  2. ChevyMan85

    ChevyMan85 Guest
    Messages: 0

    You will need a 400 balancer and flywheel "flexplate" if you use a 400 crank. Check out the previous post on this topic below.
  3. MTCK

    MTCK LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho
    Messages: 254

    To get that displacement, your engine has to be bored 30 thousands of an inch also, to 4.030"

Share This Page