3D or Threeway ?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by On a call, Apr 26, 2019.

1. On a call

On a call LawnSite Gold Member

Doing a right-of-way spraying job...control of broadleaf.

From experience which do you find to work better ??

2. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

What is 3D?

Looking for bare ground or selective?

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  3. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

I've always been satisfied with my 3way apps.

4. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

Agreed put enough sticker in the mix even most cheaper 3ways work well on broadleaf.

5. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

If you read the label you would find that QualiPro 3d has the same active ingredients as the other 3-ways.

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    On a call

3D ( QuilPro ) is a generic knock off of Trimec, followed by others like 3way ( Lesco ) however the same ingredients the formulation is not the same. Hence my question.

7. OP
    OP
    On a call

Me too...but this contract for 240 acres has a tight budget. So I am looking at less expensive chemicals to fit the budget and still be effective.

8. OP
    OP
    On a call

I was told that I am going to be given sticker....not sure what brand and how much. I often add it and it does help when running lighter dosages/rates.

Thank you

9. OP
    OP
    On a call

Okay the first statement regarding my problem.
    I agree however not all is the same. It is cheaper and I have found in life you get what you pay for...
    and...if you compare the percentages of active ingredients they are not exact. And...for some reason when you open one it is not dark as the other ???
    I am sure both work...but I am looking for effectiveness of one over the other. Have you ever seen a difference ??

10. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

The way you asked the question makes it seem like you didn’t know that they were basically the same. This is not like a one on one conversation where any of us can ask why would you ask a question like that. When some people ask a question on here I wish they would be more thorough as to why they are asking the question. It would save a lot of time and questions. Ok, rant over. I have never noticed any difference between any of the 3-way products, including 3D. The sticker will only help if it rains or is wet. If you use the low rate don’t expect a good of kill and that goes with any product.

Mark Oomkes, On a call and zlandman like this.