1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

3pt vs skid steer Harley rake

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by TJLinc, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

O I tried one a Dealer demo it long time ago. Think when they first came out and they still look the same

I know its different, But Im looking at the final product a tiller will do a better job. I don't use my tiller for a final I use my Turf Shaper. It like a tiller but it stirs the soil and levels at the same time and final product is a smooth lawn.

Guys around here try to seed behind it. All they have is a lumpy lawn and a uneven lawn .
    They are a cheap to buy that is why they are so popular.
    If that's all you ever had you wouldnt know difference.
    If I never seen the Turf Shaper work I say I would be a owner of a Harley Rake but I would have the one with the seed box on the back

My Turf Shaper was 12k in 1981.

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I use a tiller to open ground up to grade it before the final step
    Its easier and fast to grade 6'' of loose soil vs 1'' maybe 2''of soil that a Harley Rake tilled up.

When I seed I seed behind the Turf Shaper so there no need be riding a spreader across it. I'll cross it with a hand spreader.