1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

4 Business Stolen Equipment North NJ out of Parking yard.

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by LandWorksNJ, Dec 8, 2018.

1. LandWorksNJ

LandWorksNJ LawnSite Member

4 landscaping companies including myself got robbed of commercial equipment Friday. This happened in the township of Cedar Grove New Jersey around Friday 4:30am. 2 trailers were stolen (one open, the other closed) that were then loaded up on a trailer with other stolen equipment from other landscaping businesses that parked in the same lot.

Here is what was stolen: 6 to 8 Red max back packs, 52" Toro Grand Stand, 42" Wright Stander in near new condition, Hedge trimmers Chainsaws.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    wjjones likes this.
  2. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member

That sucks.

wjjones likes this.
  3. LandWorksNJ

This was very well orchestrated. Most likely they've done this before. Yes it sucks. There were no cameras. It happened at 600 Pompton Avenue in Cedar Grove if you guys want to Google Map it.

4. wjjones

wjjones LawnSite Senior Member

No telling which state they will end up in usually everything from our area thats stolen ends up getting found down south Florida, Alabama, etc. Thieves usually are from a different area but sometimes they are people you know. I will keep an eye peeled here in Tn you never know.

Doc8406, hort101 and LandWorksNJ like this.
  5. Doc8406

Doc8406 LawnSite Senior Member

Been hearing of a lot of stolen stuff being sold in Ky.. I am in upper east tennessee..

wjjones likes this.
  6. LandWorksNJ

I actually did not know these things get sold out of state. Thanks for the input guys

hort101, wjjones and Doc8406 like this.
  7. wjjones

wjjones LawnSite Senior Member

Its always worse during the holidays. They got one guy here years ago that stoled equipment for years before they caught him. Keep an eye on Craigslist sometimes you might get lucky when they are trying to unload the stolen equipment. I hope you had insurance to cover your stuff.

hort101 and Doc8406 like this.
  8. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

How did they steal the machines
    Do you leave the keys in the machines?

Just wondering
    I know you can use any key... wondering if they brought their own or know how to hot wire? Or keys are left in them?

What’s normal is, the thieves are from your area
    But have relatives or connections to another area (or sometimes visa versa)

So they “do business” in both areas and they’re frequently traveling between the two places for familial reasons

They’ve got their own yard somewhere and they sit on the stuff for a while until it’s no longer hot, then sell it like normal,

This is the holiday season so thieves are visiting family
    They grab some local stuff and run off to where ever ma and pa are...
    90% likely your stuff is long gone.

wjjones likes this.
  9. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

pawn shops too:dizzy:

wjjones and Walker56 like this.
  10. LandWorksNJ

Got a call today from Wayne detective... They found the enclosed trailer empty. Guys please take care and properly secure your livelihood.