• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

4 stroke trimmers

Phishook

LawnSite Bronze Member
So how have they been doing? There are the Hondas and Stihls, what else is out there?
I'm sure most of you got the STIHL mailer today. $330 for the new 4stroke dosn't seem that bad.

Anyone know what a Shin T230 weighs?

germann

LawnSite Senior Member
Got the mailer too. We will try the stihl, and if we dont like the weight, we will put our edger att. on it and the weedeater head on the old edger engine.. Weight is not such an issue with edgers, but you can always use power.

impactlandscaping

LawnSite Silver Member
And for a couple of extra pounds, move up to the t270.Night and day difference between the two in power to weight .I use Shins exclusively with no problems.....

Let it Grow

LawnSite Senior Member
I bought a new Honda 4 stroke last spring and I still love it. It is a little heavy, but it's real powerful so in my opinion it's worth the weight.

MacLawnCo

LawnSite Bronze Member
keep in mind the "x" is code for crap. it has the hollow drive shaft rendering it useless for anything other than a weed whip.