1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

44 WB or 44 Z????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meets1, Jan 22, 2006.

1. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

I have 3 toro proline 44 wb mowers with trac vacs. Any one interested in 1 or 2 let me know!

Just wondering though if I was to replace one wb, would I be better off with another 44wb or go to a 44 z?

These 44wb are used on yards where people want a smaller unit on them, or the yard is just small for a 52 or 60 z. Every yard we do gets bagged.

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

If you bag every yard have you thought about a Walker with a 42in bagging deck.

3. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

If you already have a couple walkbehinds, then I would get a Z. They will be faster than a walkbehind in some situations. I couldn't see not owning both a Z and a walkbehind in this business.

4. meets1

Yes, we have 3 Z's, all Toro with 52 deck and DFS baggers. We also have a front mount toro with a rear bagger, and 10 jd Wb with all baggers. Tell me more about the walker?

5. officeguy

officeguy LawnSite Member

6. meets1

They are all belt drive units. They have between 850 - 1300 hours on them. They all have 15 hp kohlers. They are all T-Bar designs. They all have trac vac bagging systems on them. (Could remove if not interested) The trac vacs are 5 or 5.5 hp kohlers as well. They all run good - just thinking of upgrading some to either new wb or a small z model. PM me with any other questions. Thanks!

7. officeguy

officeguy LawnSite Member

Shoot me an email @ mjfriel@msn.com; as of yet I cannot PM due to the 25 post rule. I have been onsite for a couple months and just realized I need to hit the 25 for situations like this.