1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about enhanced efficiency fertilizers with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Dismiss Notice

44" WB VS 20" Push Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Apr 25, 2004.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, here's the deal. Friend of mine has just put his house on the market. Yard has a slight slope, but nothing my Toro 44 WB can't handle. Yard has some nooks and crannies, but after a few cuts, I'll trim them down!! My friend is tight. When I gave him a price, I was amazed when he asked me if I thought I was charging enough. Priced the yard at $40. Took me 40 minutes to mow, 10 minutes to weedeat. When I got done, he greeted me with a brew, and we chatted. Asked him what his last guy charged, and he told me he couldn't remember. I said, " Listen, am I holding a sign over my head that says IDIOT??? What did your last guy charge???" So he confessed, and said he was charging $50. He also told me he would use a push mower and it would take him 2 1/2 hours to mow. I'm still making what I need to, but then again, it seems as if I'm being shortchanged for working smarter, not harder!!

2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: Your helping a freind, and making money. Get over it.

3. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

No the other guy was just working too hard for too little.