1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

48” or 52” stander

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shindaiwa_operator, Jun 24, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Shindaiwa_operator

Shindaiwa_operator LawnSite Member

Yeah, I wasn’t trying to get a big argument going about exactly which deck Deere uses. If someone has positive proof with an attached photo of “aero core” stamped into the metal or side by side comparo with differences or similarities then I’m possibly mildly interested. Our local Deere dealer probably doesn’t even know what a “stander” is since this is largely an agricultural area. Haha... but I do still wonder if the mulch on demand system is actually functional or if it’s just a good idea.

Cam15 and Mownmachine144 like this.
  2. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Silver Member

please show a current JD stander with a 7-iron.

Cam15 likes this.
  3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I just shopped for three last year
    My options were 7 iron and mod
    I couldn’t get the mod in 48, I had to bump up deck size.
    Did they change for the 2020 season?

4. Brucey

Brucey LawnSite Senior Member

https://www.deere.com/en/mowers/commercial-mowers/quiktrak-mowers/

They come with a "7-gauge steel deck" which may be an attempt to confuse some to think it's the 7 Iron that's on the ztrak ztrs.

I can't speak to the MOD decks but the others are aerocores (without the branding).

5. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

They changed years ago.

You did not see an option for a 7 iron deck in the last 5 years unless you were buying an older used JD stander.

JD has not had a 7 iron deck stander in quite some time, so I'm really not sure where you come up with this bit of info.

The JD standers made by wright as they have been for quite some time now, come with an aerocore deck that looks identical to a wright deck, it just doesn't have an aerocore sticker on it.

IT doesn't exist and i'm honestly wondering if Ted is just trolling at this point.

6. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I wasn’t confused
    I had to make the dealer change “7 iron” to “mod” deck; and then they said they couldn’t get the mod deck in 48” so I had to bump up a deck size.
    I ended up not buying them because I wanted 48” mod deck.
    But that’s what all the paperwork said.

I know this went around a few years ago about AeroCore decks too, but there’s no way the order paperwork is that out of date (several years)

7. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Silver Member

unless your dealer is very very dated and has some old stock from 2012, this cannot be true and you're either confused or mistaken.
    The mod deck was not offered in 2019 on a stander, nor was the 7 iron. This goes back a decade. Please for the sake of good information, don't keep trolling the forum.

You have not purchased a new JD/wright stander nor have they made a JD/wright stander with a 7 iron deck or mod deck in the better part of a decade. Maybe you found some old stock from 2008 and wanted to buy one of those, the 7 iron deck is not available nor has it been on a JD stander for the better part of a decade.

Either your dealer was lying, you're lying, or your paperwork was extremely wrong. Maybe JD calls it a 7 iron even though it's not>? Whatever the case, the JD standers have a very obvious wright deck on them. This is not new. You were never going to get a 7 iron deck on a wright stander unless it was a decade ago.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020