• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

48" Bunton hydro walk-behind?

Stringblade

LawnSite Member
Hello,

Its time for me to buy a new mower I have always used toro and nothing else but a local dealer near me is selling the bunton 48" hydro mowers for 4K. My questions is would this be comparable to a toro or exmark or would i be better off spending the extra $$?

OP
S

Stringblade

LawnSite Member
Thanks green team does anyone have experience with the bunton? Also how important is it to have a floating deck on a walkbehind? I never used a fixed deck before

Green Team Landscaping

LawnSite Bronze Member
I had a 36" Bunton hydro for all of 2 weeks, so I'm probably not one to talk on this, but if I were you, I'd steer away from pistol grips. After a few hours of using that thing I think you'll regret it because they hurt! ECS, T-Bar, or z turn controls are what I would look for if I were you. That's just my opinion though, but I think others would agree.

Floating decks are pretty important because different lawns need to be mower at different heights. You'll get some "knock-em-down" jobs where it needs to be mowed at 3" and some lawns that get a lot of sun and need to be mower at 4"... I prefer the fixed deck because its easier to change the height than the mower...

OP
S

Stringblade

LawnSite Member
Are pistol grips with hydro hard as with belt driven?
I imagine it cant be comparable but Ive never used hydro pistol.

Lawn Man Dave

LawnSite Senior Member
I liked the Bunton's and the pistol control's. The smaller one's did have tight pistol control's but the other one did not and it did not hurt at all. I THINK you can adjust the tension on them.