• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

48" Exmark W/B for $2400-OBO?

The Lawn Boy Pro

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hey guys, I just got an offer on a 48" Exmark W/B.

-48" Deck
-15 HP Kaw. Engine
-Gear Drive
-ECS Handles
-1.5 years old (2002)
-less than 20 Homeowner hours on machine (none commercial)
-like showroom quality
-bought new for $3200

Wants to sell for $2400, OBO.

Good deal or not?

FrankenScagMachines

LawnSite Platinum Member
not really. They are that much brand new with full warranty and zero hours at many dealers. If you got it for $2000 it would be a good deal.

FrankenScagMachines

LawnSite Platinum Member
Originally posted by The Lawn Boy Pro
did i mention it has an extended dealer warranty of 3 years ?
No you didn't but I still don't think it's worth $2400. just my opinion. check out that link above i posted.

I gave $2000 for mine (used at a dealer) it was bought new by a LCO as a back up mower so used little. It was 3 years old at the time and bigger deck, bigger engine, floating deck and hydro drive. No warranty but fine with me... not saying you can get a deal like that, but I wouldn't pay $2400 for a used 2 year old mower that I could get new for about that much.

chimmygew

LawnSite Senior Member
Most warranties do not transfer from the origional owner. I would check that out.

65hoss

LawnSite Fanatic
eXmark will transfer warrenties under most conditions. Do a search on the eXmark forum, think its been posted there a few times.