48 vs 60 exmark turf tracer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DanielLawnCare, Mar 19, 2017.

1. DanielLawnCare

DanielLawnCare LawnSite Member

On 1/4 to 1/2 acre run of the mill residential properties would there be any significant time difference between a tt48s and a tt60x? Both with velke x2 btw not walking.

2. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

All depends on the properties and how many nooks and crannys you are dealing with. As far as TTs go we run 48" and 52" and leave the 60" for the Lazer Z's.

Personally, I find on 1/4 to 1/2 acre residential the 52" is definitely more productive than the 48" and will still allow to get into places that a 48" will but not necessarily the 60".

Also, for some whatever reason, you still have people who have large mower stigma. They see a 60" deck and freak out about something so "large" on their little lawn.

3. Mitch's lawn

Mitch's lawn LawnSite Member

I have a 48" Turf Tracer. In my area a large gate is typically 50" wide, thus a 52" could only be used on the front yard of that property. As far as gated yards go, if a 52" can fit, there's probably enough room for a 60". For me on my 1/4 to 1/3 acre lawns a 48" is the perfect size for a walk behind.

4. DanielLawnCare

Personally, I find on 1/4 to 1/2 acre residential the 52" is definitely more productive than the 48" and will still allow to get into places that a 48" will but not necessarily the 60".[/QUOTE]
    Are you talking about the 52 x series or any 52?

5. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

I'm talking about the X-series 52"..... I wouldn't get a S-series 52".... go with the upgraded engine and pumps.... You'll be glad in the short and long term. My guys hate using any of the 48" TTs after being on the 52"...

We do have a couple gated back yards, but they either have a double gate so a vehicle can fit through or they are small enough that anything more than a 21" push is overkill.

6. DanielLawnCare

So the 52x still kicks the 48s butt on residential lawns that small? I keep hearing that from guys on here and local lco around me but have a hard time seeing enough difference. Even comparing the 60 to 48 on 1/4 to 1/2 acre properties it's only 12 inches! I mean that's huge on multi acre properties or long runs like hoa's or road ways but seems like it would only save one or two passes on residential use?

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  7. Turf Kare

Turf Kare LawnSite Senior Member

I Run 42" Walker (couple gates around here are 42" wide so it works well) 48" Exmark Vantage & a 60" rider!
    Covers all my needs. 60" Rider on big yard, 48" Stander on Medium Size yards, & 42" on Small gate backyards & smaller yards.
    Of course I have a 21" Honda on hand also for small small gates.

8. DanielLawnCare

I would never use a Z or even a stander! Walk behinds only for me! This is comparing walk behind to walk behind.

9. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

All very correct. The 52" X series is a Cadillac compared to other walk behinds.

gcbailey likes this.
  10. DanielLawnCare