48" Wright Velky Hydro Walk Behind - Good Deal?

IsTheGrassGreener

LawnSite Member
Long time learner on this great site, first time question. Looking to replace a 32" belt walk behind for my 1/2 acre yard. Locally there is a 2016 Wright Velke Hydro 48" Walk Behind for $4500. It's a bit difficult to evaluate good pricing on a used mower, especially in today's market so simply looking for a sense from those that know on here if this is a good deal to pursue or not.

Few details on the mower:
  • ~200 hours
  • Residential, homeowner use only
  • Overall great, clean condition
  • Owner claims oil changes and maintenance 2 times per season
  • Kohler Confidant 19hp engine (potentially plastic cam gears on this from what I've researched, maybe a slight con vs. one with a Kawasaki)

Any insight or guidance on price/value is much appreciated as I decide to go for it or keep looking in the used marketplace for a 48" hydro walk behind. Thanks!

Centex Aeration

LawnSite Senior Member
Th
Long time learner on this great site, first time question. Looking to replace a 32" belt walk behind for my 1/2 acre yard. Locally there is a 2016 Wright Velke Hydro 48" Walk Behind for $4500. It's a bit difficult to evaluate good pricing on a used mower, especially in today's market so simply looking for a sense from those that know on here if this is a good deal to pursue or not.

Few details on the mower:
  • ~200 hours
  • Residential, homeowner use only
  • Overall great, clean condition
  • Owner claims oil changes and maintenance 2 times per season
  • Kohler Confidant 19hp engine (potentially plastic cam gears on this from what I've researched, maybe a slight con vs. one with a Kawasaki)

Any insight or guidance on price/value is much appreciated as I decide to go for it or keep looking in the used marketplace for a 48" hydro walk behind. Thanks!
That is not a bad price if it has been taken care of. I have a 2020 TurfTracer 36” with less than 150 hours for about the same price.

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
Is that Kohler Confidant the original/factory engine?

sagesove

LawnSite Senior Member
The machine is potentially 6 years old already. I suggest you barter pretty hard off that price. The 4500.00 is too much. Maybe(still a big maybe) 3k to 3300 if it is absolutely pristine.

Better lay down under that deck and check the spindles. Spin the blades. Make sure there is no wavy movement in the blades. Make sure there is no up or down play in the spindles and blades. Check every centimeter of that engine over while it is running.(looking for leaks etc.) Check the play in all the cables and hydros. Pull the dipstick after engine is warm and look at the color. Bring a couple spark plug sockets and pull the sparkplugs and have a look. Hand controls are still tight and work correctly. Bring a 5 foot straigtedge and lay it across the deck length and width(looking for uniformity and checking for bent or warped deck). Check the hydro lines and connections for any leakage. Peruse over the hydro resevoirs and the fluid inside them. Make sure the tires amd wheels perform smoothly, run the machine around at all speeds and in reverse. Turn the machine at those same speeds. Especially almost still when doing a zero-turn(turn the machine within its own radius). You'll get it figured out.

Good luck!

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
Taking the deck belt off will enhance your ability to assess the spindle bearings for smoothness & play - as sagesove suggested above.

Top Forums