Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a set of Peltor worktunes (yellow) at wally for $49. Seems like a decent price I just need to know how well they hold up. I'm asking santa for selects, will these work till then? I really need some entertainment while mowing, bored out of my mind today.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I have a similar pair which I ordered from www.northerntool.com

They work OK, I do wish they had the digital tune because its really easy to lose your station of they get knocked or even if you change the position of your head.

Also, the inner speaker on the battery side pushes against my ear :eek: at times which can make things uncomfortable:angry:

I would say go for it. Its only $49-

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
i made my own with a FM reciever i bought a convience store one day. just pulled apart the headphones and put them under the foam in the headset, then i put the reciever on my belt and work the day away listening to music :) i also use a Mp3 player on some days when i'm in a "mood"

·
Banned
1,937 Posts
I paid 59 from harbor freight. Go for it, you won't be sorry. If my local Wally-world has them for 49, I'll get a spare set.
The fact that you can't look at the tuning knob and know what station you're on kinda sucks, but I have a favorite station, and put a mark on the knob to re-adjust to after hitting tree branches, etc.
Crawdad

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They had 2 different types of worktunes there, the old style 25db really thick and a new type 22db but much thinner. Here is a pic

Tire Helmet Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Banned
787 Posts
The worktunes are great, but can get a bit hot...
enough about that................................................................

post a picture of that rash of yours---you dont need a dr- you got US!

·
Registered
112 Posts
One of my customers works for A.O. safety so he is always giving us free safety glasses, hearing protection and other goodies. We have a couple pairs of work tunes and I love them.As long as the batteries are strong, I have no problems with reception (am or fm). When the signal starts to fade in and out...its time to change the batteries.

Our customer often shows, or tells us some of the products that they are developing. They have a new worktunes coming out that automatically cuts out noise once it reaches a certain decible level.
So you can hear someone talking, but as soon as the mower starts up, it will cut out the sound.

They are also developing a headset with gel-like inserts that you put in the freezer over night, and then you place them into the headset when its time to mow. They are supposed to keep you cool in the heat, and they last for hours before you have to put them back in the freezer.

·
Banned
787 Posts
Originally posted by Blk94fiveOh
One of my customers works for A.O. safety so he is always giving us free safety glasses, hearing protection and other goodies. We have a couple pairs of work tunes and I love them.As long as the batteries are strong, I have no problems with reception (am or fm). When the signal starts to fade in and out...its time to change the batteries.

They are also developing a headset with gel-like inserts that you put in the freezer over night, and then you place them into the headset when its time to mow. They are supposed to keep you cool in the heat, and they last for hours before you have to put them back in the freezer.
Batteries? use the rechargeables and get a charger. WORTH EVERY penny.

good idea for the cooling inserts.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.