1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

50 Gallon Pull Type Sprayer.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhicks, Jun 21, 2000.

1. dhicks

dhicks Member

I soon will be needing a 50 gallon or so, pull type sprayer that I can hook up to my old Toro. Basically, the unit can even be smaller if that's all there is. Are there any dealers on the Internet that I could visit for sizes and price? So far no luck looking on my own.<p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com

2. www.northerntool.com

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Northern has a 55 gallon sprayer with a 3.5 BS motor and a boom that will spray 17' wide. It is capable of spraying 7 gallon a minute if turned up to full presure. They have several stores in Mn. and other states. I hope this helps.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>The Grass is always Greener on the other side of my competitors fence

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you want to pull it?<p>A sprayer mounted on a unit increases maneuverability and versatility.<p>A Toro walk-behind with a fertilizer spreader AND sprayer can really be a nice unit.

5. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Lazer, I think Stone is finally rubbing off.

6. Today I used my pesticide application vehicle and 44&quot; lawn mower to mow the six<br>lawns it does per week.<p>I paid $200 for it (1987 44&quot; toro wb) with a<br>blown motor but otherwise complete. I added<br>a brand spanking new 12.5 OHV Tecumseh and<br>it does smoky burnouts on the asphalt with a<br>stand on sulky.<p>Really it's not a bad mower for a single cylinder POS. Besides what do you want for<br>a $600 44&quot; commercial mower?

7. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Getmow, <br>Actually, I'm rubbing off on him. :)<p>Fact is, he had this thing before I started posting to this forum and I built my first Toro mounted spreader/sprayer in 1994.<p>Today I use a highly modified stand-on Exmark power unit with a spreader/sprayer system.

8. OP
    OP
    dhicks

dhicks Member

Thanks for the information. Lazer, as to your question, I'd simply rather have the sprayer behind me rather than driving into the spray. Just a personal choice, that’s all. Again, thanks to all.<p>----------<br>--Disneyland on the Potomac - ICQ [icq]31223414[/icq]<br>www.go-emerald.com