1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

50 Hp Dixie

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by IBGreen, Feb 23, 2003.

1. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I just went to their site, I hop I'm not the last person to finally learn about this. That sounds like a really awsome mower, especially with the blade tip speed it has. I'll probably never be able to have anything like that but its cool to window shop.:D What do you guys think of it?

2. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

IB, call me b/c I have been trying to get a hold of you but your phone aint workin'. Holler at me soon. Late

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Levi, (Duncan IN), has one. You may try searching for him and emailing him. Very cool guy

4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know of a production mower with a bigger engine than that? Im pretty sure thats the largest I've heard of...???

:dizzy:

5. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Thats the most I know of. I also seen the twin engine DC, it had 46 hp. And next I think is Bladerunner they have a 42 hp model. As far as I know thats it. I'm kinda amazed by the 50 hp though! That would be one mean mower.

6. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Anyone know how much that dixie chick costs?

7. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

I spoke with a rep from Dixie Chopper at the New England Grows show in Boston and if im not mistaken i THINK he said the 50hp goes for $15-16K. I could be way off...

payup payup

8. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

a 50 hp mower. sounds like over kill. Always remenber. more belts more pulley alot more problems.

9. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

The 50hp dixie you are talking about is actually only 41hp!

10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seen a few, brand new, current years sold for 13k