Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring is around the corner are you ready?First week of March I will start advertising for the year,and all equipment is serviced ready to go.All you new guys get them flyers out around the first week of March or after we have a few warm days in a row and people start getting the spring bug!March equals lots of dough for us mulch,clean-ups ,mulch,mulch and more mulch. 52 degrees today and the crappie are biting here.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I cant wait Big Ed. Been getting bored and money starting to run thin. Been doing a few landscape jobs here n there, but Ill be glad to get going this spring. All equipment is serviced and ready to get tore up.:p

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
lucky!!! We received about another inch of snow here today, but it melted by mid afternoon because of the warmer temps. I just want to start the season. I am really, really looking forward to this upcoming season.

·
Registered
838 Posts
That's right it's 50 degrees.
I am ready, I am ready, I am ready.
Can't wait until this white stuff melts.
Come March I'll be rocking and rolling. counting down the days.:blob4: :blob1: :blob4: :blob1:

Restless, bored, and to make some money!:D

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
52 degrees here today.I actually saw grass on Saturday for the first time since New Year's Eve.Doing a hydroseed job first thing in the morning.Just been waiting for the snow to melt and dry out a little since Saturday.Equipment is serviced and ready..bring it on!!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Not quite as lucky here. It is in the high 30s. But we did see the sun today. I cant remember the last time I saw the sun.

·
Registered
242 Posts
38 degrees here put out flyers today with my kids! That was a treat, but pretty windy sooo I hope the flyers/cards stay in the box! I am getting itch too. Hope for a lot of work this year. Putting ad in local paper March 1....... Hope the rest of the snow melts soon!

·
Registered
66 Posts
hello grass cutters in the north. It is nice to see some warm weather in the norh.
Well guys today the weather is about 65 high, but it is going to rain for about three days. The weather man said it might rain all week. I feel sorry for ya up their in the snow all winter. I would go nuts. We mow grass year around four days a week with commerical accounts and half residential. We will start all the customer in March.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I dont know what the actual high was today, but the forecasted high was 43 and it felt like every bit of it!:D I heard a commercial on the radio that asked if we were starting to get cabin fever. I told my wife that I have had cabin fever since December!:eek: Talked to 3 clients today, ironing out final details. Working on flyers as well. WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
822 Posts
22 here right now, light snow everyday as far as the eye can see, and forcasters are saying absolutly no end in sight till at least March. In fact they were commenting that the coldest air of the season may break free from Canada and hang just north of the border, some may actually spill south to our area.

I for one like it, been many moons since we had a real winter.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by rodfather
Think you guys in the NE are getting lathered up a wee bit early IMO...
definitely. i was excited for the 45F temps, however a quick peak at the forecast quickly dissolves that short lived dream. back to teh arctic.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.