52 FL. Deck hydro Bobcat CLOGGING

All American CT

LawnSite Member
Good morning.
So I went out and made the mistake of buying a Bobcat..... the first mower of this 7k nightmare was a 2017 fixed deck hydro walk behind 52 it Sat on my trailer or at the dealer more than I used it. Finally bobcat deemed it a lemon. A lemon? I almost fell off my seat. Ok so they agree to swap it out for the floating deck model (which if you read the specs and see the machine it's a whole diff animal. Bigger tires bigger motor the fs600v electric start the deck is a rider deck they married to a walk behind, you can change the height on the fly etc. How could I go wrong again??) direct from bobcat hq and ship it up with in the first 10 hours same issues arouse, leaking gas tank, hydrostatics are out of control literally, slowww forward ground speed like slow( I use zero turn velkies on my walk behinds like toros tru track velkie) you can walk faster, it wouldn't go up hills. Total disaster. I added some heavier springs to the release handles got it to respond better and changes out the stops on the handles. A little better but it's a kamikaze mission to use this POS... but I muscle through now to my main question. If the grass is slightly damp, this thing clogs almost instantly 1 pass and I'm in the woods scraping the deck. Like it's so clogged it wont cut and almost stalls the machine. The belts squeals and everything. I have tried mulching blades, gator, stock no diff. I powerwall the deck etc Any help would be appreciated I'm 2 years into my business with 72 accounts just for lawn maintenance I want to get my money out of this machine/ mistake no one will buy it no one wants it in a trade in so I'm screwed. I run all toro besides this a 60 z masters and a proline 52s hydro floating deck. I swear by toro and exmark now lol
Thanks for listening hope I get some help.
Chris at All American

wjjones

LawnSite Senior Member
I had a older bobcat 48" walkbehind that did really well but bobcat is not what it used to be. Can you sell it, and get a different mower? Something with a high velocity deck. Stamped decks are notorious for clogging, and some fab decks are too. It really depends on the design of the deck,the blade tip speed, grass condition tall, wet, etc. There are alot of variables that come into play.

OP
A

All American CT

LawnSite Member
I had a older bobcat 48" walkbehind that did really well but bobcat is not what it used to be. Can you sell it, and get a different mower? Something with a high velocity deck. Stamped decks are notorious for clogging, and some fab decks are too. It really depends on the design of the deck,the blade tip speed, grass condition tall, wet, etc. There are alot of variables that come into play.
Oh

No one even considers it.. I had the old belt Bobcats too but now there junk.

sjessen

LawnSite Fanatic
Try removing the discharge baffle. You may end removing the front baffle as well and/or having a new one made that is less restrictive. There is a post somewhere where a user did this.

Top Forums