5gpm pump on Z Max

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
To anyone who uses this pump will the charging system handle this without running down halfway through the day? I've used this pump for awhile with no problems but lately it will run down after a few hours use. Replaced battery, voltage regulator & pump but still the same problem. I originally thought it would be the stator but I and the mechanic get a 28 volt reading before the regulator. Had the battery tested and it read bad so replaced. Voltage after regulator was only 12.2 so mechanic replaced and got a reading of 13.6 but went out today and same old story, battery ran down around noon and pump would not achieve full pressure.

ZSpray Info

Inactive
@ArTurf I am sorry to hear you are having issues. I would suggest calling in to our service department and have our staff diagnose your problem. It could be as simple as a loose wire. 765-482-2040 and use ext. 123

Thank you

OP
A

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
Did you replace with 16 or 20 amp stator?...and did you get the correct stator?
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it was a OE replacement which was prob 16, looking back I should have went with the 20. It worked fine for a year +

twomancrew

LawnSite Senior Member
Electric sprayers will do this over time in my experience. Corrosion is probably your problem. If so you will find green terminals somewhere or a wire that will just simply break off near it's connection. Mil-spec connectors will stop this. A loose connection is very likely.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Twoman is probably right. Is it humid where you live? Copper wire and fertilizer are a big problem. It is common to find a wire that is one strand connecting and 11 strands of green dust. Jerk on the wires--if they break--replace them. Use bigger gauge wire. Cover the connections airtight with silicone sealer.
Check the voltage of the battery every hour during the day. Anything below about 12.6 volts is not enough.

Top Forums