1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

6.6L Duramax Diesel Block Heater

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SLC LLC, Jan 20, 2009.

1. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know where the block heater is on these 6.6L Duramax Diesels?

2. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

It should be zip tied on the passenger side of the truck I think behind the washer flood resovior.

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Yup, look by the passenger side by the battery. I havn't needed mine, and never unwrapped it. It should be wrapped up in electrical tape like the hot wire and trailer brake controller are under the master cylinder.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  4. SLC  LLC

SLC LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I will have to look again tomorrow. I must be a real dumba$$ or something - I could not find that thing for the life for me.

5. allinearth

allinearth LawnSite Senior Member

It's tough to find. I had to call cust. service to tell me where it is. Like others said it is passenger side middle of engine compartment. I unwrapped mine and routed to wheel well. It is not located in a very convenient area. Have a 7.3 that the cord is by the fog light. Thought that was a better location.:hammerhead:

6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I had min eim my wheel well for about a year and now I put it back under the hood..I suck pluging it in when its all wet and then you get zapped!:cry: