1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

60" Bunton, good deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by curdy, Mar 18, 2009.

1. curdy

curdy LawnSite Member

Hey everyone, new here (although I've been lurking for quite some time now)

I live on 2 acres in SE PA and it takes me way too long to mow with my 42" riding mower. On the top of my list is a compact tractor w/60" MMM and FEL, but that's just not in the budget right now. I think a walk behind would be the most ideal for me at this stage. I'll go with the extra exercise for now and maybe look into a sulky or velke later.

There's a guy local to me that just upgraded to a ZTM and is selling his 60" Bunton walk behind. It has new tires and a new battery. 18 hp BS engine said to run well. Not sure what's up with the deck cover, but I'll find out. He's posted it for $500. I'm going to look at it in a couple of hours...can anyone advise me on this?

Pics:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

It doesn't look to be in that great of shape to me. I know that it will be for your personal use, but I would pass on it and look for a nicer used wb or ztr.

3. curdy

curdy LawnSite Member

What should I expect to pay for something in decent shape? I fix all sorts of stuff, but I'm not looking for a project.

I'm thinking of just sticking to a WB and getting me a tractor in maybe 2 yrs unless a deal comes along I can't pass up.