Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was running behind and didn't close my trailer while I was working and someone helped themselves to a three month old redmax stick edger and an echo trimmer. I don't know how they pulled it off, I was only 15 feet from my trailer trimming a hedge and I had a worker using my other string trimmer. Keep an eye on your tools!

·
Banned
726 Posts
Thanks for the warning. Very little time saved by not locking up the equipment. Even though I know this, seems like once or twice a day, I’m trying to talk myself out of going through the bother of closing and locking my locker door.

By the way, have you considered this being an inside job? I mean you’re 15 feet away with a helper roaming around! Wouldn’t the thief have to wait right next to your stuff and then make his move as soon as you turn around? Whereas someone who belongs in the area could move the tools to a hiding place and come back later.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
That is unbelievable that you were that close and they still got your equipment. Thanks for the warning and best of luck replacing the equipment. Make sure to always lock your equipment up.

Gravely_Man

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
so far I have personally been very trust worthly of people, but lately after reading more and more of the posts where someones items have been stolen I keep on going further and further into security measures.

·
Banned
218 Posts
Originally posted by C4chris70
Today I was running behind and didn't close my trailer while I was working and someone helped themselves to a three month old redmax stick edger and an echo trimmer. I don't know how they pulled it off, I was only 15 feet from my trailer trimming a hedge and I had a worker using my other string trimmer. Keep an eye on your tools!
Was it an open or enclosed trailer?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Yep Get your self a good gaurd dog my rotti comes to work with me every day and he is happy to chill on the back of my truck all day and if someone even looks like there going to entertain the idea of coming close to the truck he starts going off. And the beautiful part is every thing to do with the dog is a tax write off, food, vet etc .

·
LawnSite Addict
1,405 Posts
Originally posted by Gravely_Man
That is unbelievable that you were that close and they still got your equipment. Thanks for the warning and best of luck replacing the equipment. Make sure to always lock your equipment up.

Gravely_Man
Originally posted by cos
I was thinking the same as Gravely man. Just when you think there is no possible way for someone to steal your stuff, cause you are standing next to the trailer.

WOW. People are brazin'.
I had my stuff locked down very well, I went into the Home Depot store. I was parked in front of the garden center entrance (only a few feet from the entrance!), went in the store, came back out, someone took my new Shindy T230 and my bp blower. Broad daylight right at lunch time too. Even the locks were gone, with no forced entry, and no damage to the racks or trailer, had to be bolt cutters.:angry: :mad: :mad: :realmad:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Originally posted by greenman
I had my stuff locked down very well, I went into the Home Depot store. I was parked in front of the garden center entrance (only a few feet from the entrance!), went in the store, came back out, someone took my new Shindy T230 and my bp blower. Broad daylight right at lunch time too. Even the locks were gone, with no forced entry, and no damage to the racks or trailer, had to be bolt cutters.:angry: :mad: :mad: :realmad:
just so you will know for the future (as if you dont already),one time i lost the key to my trailer hitch lock so i snaped that lock off with a very small pair of bolt cutters in about two seconds. i'm always leary about those home depot parking lots too, i've heard so many stories. i run a braided cable through my stuff inside the locked van when i go in the depot. i'm sure theres a way through that too but god help em if they're not done with it by the time i pop back out that depot door. :mad:

·
Banned
524 Posts
Same thing happened to me at Home Creepo. Bolt cutters thru a Kryptonite cable - lost 2 split boom echos and backpack.
Home Creeop[ has no security cameras in their parking lots. I will never go there with equipment.
They told me "sorry about your loss"
What a bunch of crap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.