61 scag v ride

lawns Etc

LawnSite Silver Member
I have put 15 hrs so far on the new V Ride and here is my thoughts so far. Comfort is great I cut one lawn thats 6 acres and no issues. Operation is very easy and YES it does well on hills much better than my 52 Lazer and my 60 Dixie.The Velocity deck is pretty impressive almost compares to the Everride Warrior tunnel deck which was my all time favorite. The 61 has the larger hydro system and goes faster than the other models. It smokes my Lazer in speed and out cuts the Ultracut 4 deck in my lawns. Mixed fescues and bluegrass. But what I really like is single pass cutting,no double cutting so far. Striping is pretty good although I dont judge a mowers striping ability Id prefer a clean crisp cut anyday! I can always make it stripe with a flap.

Heres what Ive done so far to the mower. I put a Catchrite bagger on it and for the little bagging that I do it works very well. Was $225 delivered. I took the spring off the discharge chute so I can just flip it up if I dont want it down or to put bag on. I had to cut some of the chute to be able to put down with the bagger on but that was very easy..

Overall im very impressed with the mower its my first Scag and im more than likely going to buy more in the future.

OP
lawns Etc

lawns Etc

LawnSite Silver Member
Actually the 6 acres standing isn't bad at all. Took about an hour it's wide open and flat. With my Dixie it's not much faster.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
lawns Etc

lawns Etc

LawnSite Silver Member
Yes 6 acres in a little over an hour. Wide open yard. We cut ALOT of multi acre lawns/fields not a solo small operation! Two Dixie Extremes 33/60 and two Exmark Lazer 25/52 But the Scag was bought for mostly hills theres not too many hills but do have a few around here.