Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Priced a 60" Exmark ECS hydro walk behind yesterday. New with the Kawasaki 23 HP. Told me $6500.00

Are you kidding? I guess I'm not with it. Seems like alot of money for a walk behind.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I didn't know what to expect....

I should of. I paid about $3000 for my Husky 4814 gear walk behind with a 48" deck.

Been thinkin' of a bigger deck to get done quicker. I'm mowing some big stuff right now. Also want a hydro to be more manuevable.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Walker "T" 20 hp w/ 48" GHS deck and a 48" SD deck & my Husky 48" gear walk behind.

I want more speed and cut & most of my properties are sloped to the degree that a Lazer or Dixie would "probably" have trouble.

My Walker does alot but most of the time my walk behind has to do the slopes.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Originally posted by Indiana
Priced a 60" Exmark ECS hydro walk behind yesterday. New with the Kawasaki 23 HP. Told me $6500.00

Are you kidding? I guess I'm not with it. Seems like alot of money for a walk behind.
Should be about $300 less for the better Kohler engine.

Kawisaki's cost Exmark more money. If your dealer don't drop the $300 he's scamming you.

This mower is a far cry from your Husky gear drive. It will out cut it, out maneuver it, and out produce it day in day out.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by dcondon
You can buy a good 60" ZTR for $6500.00........
Yes, that is true. Actually it takes longer to build a WB than a ZTR. I believe part of the problem is the assembly lines for the ZTR are a bit more modern, while the WB assembly lines basically haven't changed for many years.
Now may also be a good time look at the new Hustler super WB, since they can be bought for well under $6,000.

Actually, they will be a revamping of the complete WB market. Shortly, everyone will be offering hydro WB’s with the less expensive “IZT” pump/motor combo as the propulsion drive, reflecting an inexpensive cost. Some manufacturers already have these. The standard WB’s as we know them, with a separate high-end rebuild-able pump and motor, will become the Cadillac of the WB line and will be available at a premium price.
Then, as we can already see, the high-end WB’s and better ZTR’s will be approximately equal in cost.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am happy with my Husky gear drive, but it does have it's limits. This year with the rain and overgrowth has really pushed the limits of wet belts and clogged deck. The past few years summer growth has been dry and managable. This year is a whole different story. Seven to ten days schedules are the limits to even the poorest lawn around here.

I would like more speed and a "true" reverse. Also, want to be rid of pistol grips and numb wrists.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Also, have considered the Walker walk behind, but price and speed would shut that idea down. Also, would want a sulky and bigger deck.

I also have considered putting a belly mower on my tractor (YanMar 4 WD) to get more deck. Wouldn't be faster, but it would be cheaper being that I already own the tractor.

60" would be the smallest I want. I don't know where my closest Hustler dealer is. My Walker dealer is 80 miles, so I don't go there very often. Really want dealer support

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Originally posted by Indiana
Originally posted by dcondon
You can buy a good 60" ZTR for $6500.00........
Originally posted by Barkleymut
I bought a 52" 23 Kawi Lazer HP for $6850 this past winter.
That aint a 60" Lazer and $6500 aint going to cut the punn intened cheeze here.

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Dang, you're 8" to short also.

60" Don't post prices for a 52" mower.
Mike, now we both promised not to use our "outdoor" voice, didn't we:blush: :blush:

To keep on track, do we want to generalize, or break this up into deck size??? ;) We can go over the deep end and look at John G's super sweet Exmark 72"/ Ultravac, but now we're over $10K. Actually, with the onset of the "Mini Z's" and super Z's" (similar types for toro and exmark) there "really is" a bunch of catagories that this can be separated into...... Yes????
Reverend Petey Pie

·
Registered
565 Posts
I still think a 52-"hp would be MUCH more productive than a 60"w/b.But I guess they both have their place.I'd really have to demo both for a day,together on my properties..For about the same price I'D probably lean toward 23/52 HP.That is a sweet LITTLE ztr.:eek:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
WELL........ I don't know why people think X-MARKS are so great....... They use the same pumps as MTD...... That's why we have had no problem with COMMERCIAL CUB CADET !!!!!! It's all in peoples mineds when it comes to a new mower. I would put a "CUB" up to any so called x-mark

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Originally posted by LAWNGODFATHER
Should be about $300 less for the better Kohler engine.

Kawisaki's cost Exmark more money. If your dealer don't drop the $300 he's scamming you.

This mower is a far cry from your Husky gear drive. It will out cut it, out maneuver it, and out produce it day in day out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.