1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

66" deck?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mslawn, Feb 18, 2006.

1. mslawn

mslawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from LA

I am purchasing another mower, kinda of want another 72" xs but would like to have a mower large enough to hang with my 72" but also fit on my smallest trailer which is a 6 x 10, I spyed a 66" xs at my dealer yesterday and it had the 31hp like I have on my 72. If I get another 72" I'll have to get the 35hp because that is the only aircooled vanguard option they offer. I would not even consider the 29DFI or the 25 Kubota because of the awesome power of the big vanguards in an air-cooled package. So will the 6" loss of deck be noticeable? I'm thinking it would not be a noticeable difference, but there is a huge difference in a 60 and a 72 when you actully use them. So I really do not know.

2. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I would think you would notice it some. Going from a 72" to a 66" is a loss of 8%. The larger the area you're cutting, the more it will show up.