6x10 trailer is not really a 6x10...

Blake Powers

LawnSite Member
I am in the process of getting a new trailer. I'm a 1 man show so I am wanting 6x10 utility and am going to add the equipment defender weedeater/ blower racks. I visited 3 different trailer dealers today and the 6x10 is actually 6'4" inside the rails. I really only need 5'6" wide but that's not an option. So I was going to go 6' and be done with it. But, the 6'4" will be pushing it getting backed in my garage where it will be stored. All of them said they call them 6' trailers, but the axles they have are wide enough for the extra 4". I find this ridiculous, there are no options between 5' and 6'4". Anyone else experienced this???

ztman

LawnSite Bronze Member
Kind of like a 2x4. Not really 2x4. If you cannot find one with a special width, have one built. Price difference is not that much from lot trailers.

I actually had a 6x13 built years ago. Sorry I ever got rid of that trailer. Fellow that built it even put a bar on the front of the trailer that matched the height of the gate.

I believe some manuf. do make six foot trailers. A quick search of All Pro's website identifed this trailer, 71" wide

https://www.trailersuperstore.com/s...andscape-utility-trailer-rear-landscape-gate/

rippinryno

LawnSite Gold Member
I am in the process of getting a new trailer. I'm a 1 man show so I am wanting 6x10 utility and am going to add the equipment defender weedeater/ blower racks. I visited 3 different trailer dealers today and the 6x10 is actually 6'4" inside the rails. I really only need 5'6" wide but that's not an option. So I was going to go 6' and be done with it. But, the 6'4" will be pushing it getting backed in my garage where it will be stored. All of them said they call them 6' trailers, but the axles they have are wide enough for the extra 4". I find this ridiculous, there are no options between 5' and 6'4". Anyone else experienced this???
My 5x8 trailer is about 5'6" inside the bed, so maybe you need to be looking at a 5x10 instead of a 6x10.

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
If the only issue is backing it in garage get a trailer dolly. I do. I only have like an inch or two of clearance when putting into the garage. Works great.

58019_400x400.jpg

JMK26

LawnSite Fanatic
Will this work with a trailer with 1,800 lb of equipment?

I have a 7X12 foot trailer....wood floors....a Snapper Pro 52 inch, Ferris 36 inch,two trimmers with racks....

The weight limit on these dollies are tongue weight....As long as tongue weight is within their specs it's just up to how much you can push...

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
i have a 5.5 x 10 trailer. i had to get it to fit a 61" mower into it. my other trailer was 5x10 and wasn't wide enough.

knox gsl

LawnSite Fanatic

Call this company up.
https://www.outbacktrailers.com/

They built me a custom sized trailer for a god price several years ago.