1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

6x10 trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by inline lawn care, Jul 17, 2007.

1. inline lawn care

inline lawn care LawnSite Member

how much would you pay for a new or used 6x10 landscaping trailer?

2. shayes2953

shayes2953 LawnSite Member

I searched online and found a 6 x 10 trailer for around $700. Lowe's sells trailers not quite that size for $1400. Go online and search. I drove about 40 miles to pick it up but it was worth it. Came with a warranty and had a weedeater rack added. Currahee Trailers.

3. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I paid 950.00 for my new 6'x10'. I wish I would have gotten a 12' or 14' though.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The 6x12 is the largest single axle trailer sold, at least in virginia it doesn't require brakes (they come without), holds 3000 pounds and mine gives a total hold space of 144 cubic feet (5 cubic yards), in addition it keeps me from having to get a CDL but this varies from state to state.

That extra 2 feet doesn't sound like much, but it allows me to load an extra machine, and it can make the difference of a whole trip.
    More space means less playing the musical equipment game, I always have more space.

The only way I'd say to take the 6x10 is IF the 6x12 puts you in the CDL category while the 6x10 does not, otherwise get a 6x12.

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I have same trailer without rack but its 6x12...its also made by same company. I paid about $1100 new for mine.

6. twade3056

twade3056 LawnSite Member

I didn't know you could get these kind of trailers at Lowes......Thanks!

7. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

arent worth buying!! get atleast a 14 ft...

8. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

Since you are in Michigan, do a yahoo search for Prices Trailers in Corunna, which is about 50 miles from WhitmoreLake. A 6.5x12 is $914 new... They have a price list online...

9. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

tractor supply company charges about $850 for a 6x10, but after owning my 5x8, i can't see a 6x10 being big enough, i plan on getting a bigger one. i do have an 18 foot utility trailer that i use for car hauling, i'm gonna re build it and use it next year when i get my turf tiger.

10. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i bought a 14ft last year and it is small with only 2 wb's on there,