7+ weeks for clover to die?

grass4gas

LawnSite Bronze Member
I would not use the “ester” formulation this time of year...burn potential is high on desirable turf. Temperatures above 85 degrees can and will cause problems not only to turf but also if it is sprayed around or under low hanging tree’s. Use Triclopyr in the amine formulation with a 80/20 or 90/10 non-ionic spreader/sticker

OP
R

roody2333

LawnSite Bronze Member
Use a surfactant when applying to clover too

yea I got southern AG non ionic surfactant. There's a lot of discussion on surfactant vs sticker spreader vs MSO but I got surfactant even though MSO might be the better choice..

The PDF for the Hi-Yield Triclopyr Ester doesn't mention anything about sticker/surfactant but the retailer in the Q&A suggested surfactant. I need surfactant for sedgehammer also which specifically says on their website to use a surfactant (or even dish soap it says) but I read soap can interfere with the herbicide so I just got a $10 thing of surfactant I'll never use half of it.

I would not use the “ester” formulation this time of year...burn potential is high on desirable turf. Temperatures above 85 degrees can and will cause problems not only to turf but also if it is sprayed around or under low hanging tree’s. Use Triclopyr in the amine formulation with a 80/20 or 90/10 non-ionic spreader/sticker

it says 'Apply foliage sprays during warm weather, early spring through fall, when weeds are actively growing.'

I didn't read anything but amazing reviews in the link riggle put, nothing about burnt turf but I didn't read them all yet, but I'm NOT planning to spray on any dormant or semi brown grass anyway. I'll just wait. Right now is the WORST time to spray and it says it's still effective in Fall and only needs 3 weeks before can seed.

Top Forums