1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn perfection, Nov 3, 2003.

1. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

Just got my new redmax 7001, One word "AWESOME"

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

you will really like it once it breaks in.

3. lawn perfection

If it gets any better after it breaks in i'll have to go and get another. I blew leaves around in the yard for an hour Sat. when i got home with it. Simply amazing.

4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Its hard to tell someone who doesn't have one of these blowers just what a difference they make. The blower is probably the weak link in a lot of lco's operations. A crappy string trimmer wont slow you down nearly as much as a crappy blower. I was amazed with mine right out of the box. Cant wait for it to break in.

5. capmaint

capmaint LawnSite Member

Here in Phoenix we dont have much in the way of leaf clean up but you still need a blower for the routine debris clean up and rock landscape cleaning. Would one of these be overkill in that area? Kinda like using a sledge hammer to drive in a nail for a picture? Or not....Just wondering....Thanks!

6. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I am getting on tommorw or wednesday!!!

7. lawn perfection

I'm not familar with your area,but this is a major piece of equipment. I'm use to using a sthil bg75 hand held, a decent little blower but nothing compared to the 7001. The 7001 could be overkill for some because of the power,but after using it sat. I could move one leaf or tons.

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

There's only one thing better than a 7001...2 of them!!!

9. lawn perfection

Rodfather, did you pull the screen out of the exhust port. My dealer said alot of people do.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Sure did. Do it on all my 2 strokers. Carbon buildup on it can be a pita to take out and wire brush clean in the field...