76 acre dam mowing. Gov job. Need some inputs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sedge, Apr 24, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

I was teasing on the no employees, as I'm sure that who ever gets the bid will have employees do it. Some companies are fortunate to have capable employees for such a job, but that's not the norm. Usually capable employees go on their own eventually.

With my health issues I don't think I could do it now. Before my accident, in my sleep, but the bid is for a good friend of mine.

The rest of what you said is pretty much spot on.

2. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

May try and find a toro sidewinder for sale?
    They do pretty steep banks

3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Holy crap sedge...not good at all.

I hear you on the concussion, mine wasn't nearly that bad, but apparently they have a cumulative affect. I count at least 6 bad ones, the last being the worst. My symptoms didn't last that long, but I know exactly what you are referring to. I still can't crunch numbers for long periods of time, everything starts to blur. Still forget if I've done certain things like washing my hair when taking a shower. I wasn't dyslexic before, but am a bit now. Still can't tolerate heat\humidity. Probably the weirdest thing was not being able to use scented deodorant anymore. Never had an issue with it pre-concussion, post concussion I develop a rash within a couple days.

I hate pain meds as well, other than Tylenol and ibuprofen.

Keep fighting, it gets better. Funny thing is, I'm so hard headed I never had a bump on my forehead, cut, bruise anything. Never even had a headache.

hort101 likes this.
  4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

No one ever accused me of being smart.

Doc8406 likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    sedge

sedge LawnSite Fanatic

Dats funneeee