8699 for '04 Lazer Z?

cecilcountylco

LawnSite Member
Just left local exmark dealer. They're also a Toro dealer - I was hoping to get a look at the new Z-Masters. On the showroom floor was a shiny new '04 LazerZ 60" 27HP Kohler. The sticker on the machine read "$8699.00, Fully Assembled". This thing lists for about $9800, right? This sounds like a good deal. What do you think? Only reservation I have is the dealer. They are the local dealer (about 13miles or so), I have never used them, but the salesdudes were less than cooperative when I asked about the Z-Master. The guy said that ever since Toro bought Exmark he has never sold a Toro, and that they were the same machine. I then asked him about the baffle on the new Toro deck, and he just said, like, yea, same machine except for the deck. I don't believe this is the case, is it? The next nearest dealer is at least twice the distance from me, and it would cost me sales tax to boot. Should I just jump in and cross my fingers? Any thoughts?
Thanks.

FineScapes

LawnSite Member
got a friend who runs toro and says the same thing but honestly exmark is a ton better machine he has the uncomfortable seat man after a season of that id need back surgery a good wb is better than a toro z but its a gamble id go with the exmark
good luck

BigEd

LawnSite Senior Member
Hop on route 1 and drive to Hickory International in Hickory best prices on Exmark.

NYRookie

LawnSite Member
I got your same price for the same machine with the light kit and suspension seat upgrade.

medimac

LawnSite Member
Hey CecilcountyLco,

Is there any decent gravely dealers that you know of in Cecil Co with good prices or even better in DE close to MD. I'm looking to buy a new 36 inch prosteer and I'm trying to find the best deal. I'm in Harford Co.

BigEd

LawnSite Senior Member
Have you checked out Jacks Small Engine in Jarretsville they carry the Gravely line?
Why Gravely?