• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

99 Ford F350 7.3L diesel

Scag48

LawnSite Fanatic
We have a 99 350 PSD, love it. Bought the truck with 100K miles and it has 150K on it now of hard towing and everyday use. No problems whatsoever.

Scag48

LawnSite Fanatic
On average with a fully loaded bed with probably 700 pounds of tools, etc. we're getting 15-16 on the highway.

efaubert1

LawnSite Member
Ok, first, you don't want an early model 99. The turbo is the small one on those. You want March of 99 or after. Also there were other parts on the early ones that are bastards (not cussing here), and were changed on the late 99's and used all through 02 year model, which makes the parts more readily available and cheaper. My 99 has 123000 on it, runs great, and regularly tows 6-14K trailers depending on whether it's mowers, tractors, excavation equipment or horses.

Team_Yamaha

LawnSite Member
I have a early 99 (see sig) with over 250,000 miles on it now. I have had the truck chipped since the first month that I bought it. The truck is towing loads of 14,000-20,000lbs 5 days a week and once in a while up to 33,000lbs. I have had no big problems with it. I have had the clutch replaced, the master and slave cylinders for the clutch replace, and just maintance stuff, U-joints, ball joints, ect. I would buy it up, they are great trucks!!