1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

99 walker double rear wheel shakes why?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by TurfWarrior, Sep 3, 2011.

1. TurfWarrior

TurfWarrior LawnSite Member
    from nj

i have a 1999 walkter mt and put all new bearings and seals in with the spacers on the outsides of the double rear wheel set up. when i go pretty much full speed the rear wheels start to shake/wobble. slow down and it goes away. im guessing if they were to loose you can get that wobble. but i did them tight then back them off til i got it to spin freely. i cant remember what position those large nuts were in when it took it apart that get screwed down with an allen screw. but i had to suck in the bracket arms when i tightened it down to the ends. any measurements or distances i should be looking for or what would cause this ?

2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

You need to get someone esle to drive it while you follow and watch the rear wheel. I would guess the yoke is bent. I see that quit often. I have seen the rear wheels be bent in so far that they would ware a hole right though the rear panel that covers the oil cooler and voltage R/R.