1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

!990 Grasshopper Left side Transmission Modle 721

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by bigmoe, Aug 25, 2003.

1. bigmoe

bigmoe LawnSite Member

I have a 1990 Grasshopper 721 and left transmission is shot. I need a used one.I cant find a new one .Grasshopper says that transmission is no longer made. I just cant belive that in the whole United States of America theirs not one around!!They say it cant be rebuilt.The number on the case of the transmission is 770-002-0301CCW Can anybody HELP!! The tractor only has 600 hours on it Thanks!!!:blob3:

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Take it to a good hydraulic repair shop. I bet it can be rebuilt. Someone on Lawnsite had a thread earlier this year about how they rebuilt their Grasshopper trans. :)

3. bigmoe

bigmoe LawnSite Member

They say that the case has a hair line crack

4. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I guess that about rules out a rebuild.:(

5. bigmoe

bigmoe LawnSite Member

Is their any place that I can find a good used one?

6. mower_medic

mower_medic LawnSite Member

check with a Woods dealer or a Ford/New Holland dealer. Basically the same machine but different colors and parts do interchange.

7. floridalawncare

floridalawncare LawnSite Member

get me the model and serial of your machine. i've ran some grasshoppers and know an excellent dealer. or if you prefer, you can call 863-946-0236. he's a one man operation so you'll get an answering machine from time to time.