_______Intermediate Issue__________

wcb607a

LawnSite Member
I am only getting at the most 40 psi with the 1 gal spray tips, is that normal?
I think last year/winter I was getting max 60 psi. I did use salt brine this winter. Do you think that messed up something? I installed my extra pump and its still only getting max 40 psi. Maybe in the pressure guage. Any thoughts?

OP
W

wcb607a

LawnSite Member
I flushed the whole system. The filter basket wasn't bad at all along with the tips and tip filters. There was and still is some scalling in the flushed water. Any other ideas. I am just worried that when I start spraying for weeds, I won't be putting down enough water or ia. Any other thoughts?

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Brine...should be water soluble, no sweat. Is there a pressure relief valve? Open it up to 10 lbs and then close it down to 50 psi. How much flow is going back to the tank? If it is excessive perhaps the PRV failed or corroded. Get a new one. Is the battery up to full charge? Wires corroded? Around 13 volts at the maximum. How many gallons per minute are you putting out? Hope this helps.

grassmasterswilson

LawnSite Fanatic
clean out all the filters both the pre filter and at the nozzles. what about changing the nozzles? they could be filled with salt. Have you checked all the clamps? you could be sucking air

Cadzilla

LawnSite Senior Member
I don't think theres anything unusual. You're not going to get 60psi out of that pump with 1 gallon tips.