A Backup for my Backup - FREE Mower!

OP
OakNut

OakNut

LawnSite Fanatic
I've had people offer me mowers over the years, but always junkers - not running, and generally brands that were not worth fixing.
I realize a Recycler isn't anything to rave about, but it's a decent mower and good enough to keep on hand in case of a break down.

Trisao

LawnSite Member
I've had people offer me mowers over the years, but always junkers - not running, and generally brands that were not worth fixing.
I realize a Recycler isn't anything to rave about, but it's a decent mower and good enough to keep on hand in case of a break down.
Same. Had a guy offer a decent “looking” push mower for about 175 of landscaping services.

I shouldn’t have taken it, as the entire reason I became his lawn guy was because that mower was in the shop getting fixed. I’ve not been able to get it running once lol.

Prestigious1

LawnSite Senior Member
Years ago the neighbor to one of my accounts would always ask me if I wanted his old mower...usually 2 to 3 years old. I offered to take a look at it for him, but the response was always "I'm not messing with it, I already replaced it". Without fail, minor tune up or tweak fixed it. 3 mowers that way...unbelievable! People are always asking me about a mower...here ya go!

OP
OakNut

OakNut

LawnSite Fanatic
I used it again today to mow my back yard. (100% flat)
I couldn't use this mower for anything but an emergency if my other mowers were down - I can't even get it to go in a straight line. The wheels spin so much and it has such crappy traction, that it's constantly moving side to side just a bit as I go.
It makes me appreciate how nice the SR4 mowers are.

I keep forgetting to order the replacement fuel line, but my tape is still holding with no leaks.
I'm going to offer to let the new neighbors use it. They trimmed their hedges right after moving in a few weeks ago and I lent them a rake when I saw the guy using a broom to sweep up clippings.
Their grass is getting high and I doubt they have a mower yet.

Top Forums